Welcome

Hey Everyone!

Welcome to the blog of me, Andrew Gemmell or "The Tech", here you will find to story of not only me, but my life with cancer and everything else I have been through in my life. I try to update frequently, and if I don't please keep checking back because it is bound to happen sooner or later!!!

Enjoy!!


Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Home Again


So I haven’t posted in a few days! Sorry everyone!

So basically I have been home for a day, and feeling much better than I was in the hospital. So I have learned that blood clots just...are not that fun. Luckily whenever I have to go to the hospital I have the same set of nurses when I go, so it is nice to see familiar and friendly faces!

So being in the hospital so much has really started to seem like it a second home. I have been there more than I have actually been home since Nov 2nd when I started my treatment. It has been 38 days since my first day of chemo, and I have spent 26 days in that time. So yea...I think most people would get really sick of the hospital, but I guess it is the best place for me in the time that I go through chemo because my white count is generally down. I mean so...really the best place to be for me so they can get anything that may happen under control. My mom and I joke that they should just keep me there until this is all over, but sometimes I think they should, only because I am sick of being off my treatment for two weeks and while on those two weeks I end up getting sick and back in the hospital.

Anyways, no more complaining! One of my best friends Jenn texted me the other night when I was in the hospital, and she told me that she wanted to hold some sort of benefit for the cause that I am trying to start to support and she wanted to help me. She and I are in the process of planning an event to be held somewhere in or around Syracuse, NY. I love Jenn haha when she sent me that message the other night it actually made me cry because holy shit, to have friends like that, that is priceless. After telling some other friends about this idea they are completely behind it to, I just can believe the support that I have from friends and family. So anyways, we are not sure when this is going to be happening, probably sometime after Jan 10th when I am all done with my chemo, but I will keep everyone posted. I will probably have a website up and running for it once we have a few more details figured out.

Right now though I guess the best way to get the most frequent update on what I am doing is to follow me on twitter. My name on there is @toldbyatech which may change, but I will also keep you updated on that.

Anyways for now it is time for me to go take some meds, get some food (thank you Marinol <-----lifesaver) and probably watch some TV with the little sister!

Goodnight everyone!

-The Tech

No comments:

Post a Comment