Welcome

Hey Everyone!

Welcome to the blog of me, Andrew Gemmell or "The Tech", here you will find to story of not only me, but my life with cancer and everything else I have been through in my life. I try to update frequently, and if I don't please keep checking back because it is bound to happen sooner or later!!!

Enjoy!!


Tuesday, December 22, 2009

HOLY COW I"M HOME!!!


So this is great, I got home yesterday from the hospital! If you read my blog from yesterday you would know that I was very excited to come home and I expected to make an early day of it!

Haha...Right...I should have figured it wouldn’t work like that. So The Nurse Practitioner that works with the group of doctors that I see came in and told me my red levels were a little low in my blood. I was sooooo excited to be able to leave by like 10 am, it would have been awesome! Instead though I needed to get two units of blood. It was the first time I had ever had a transfusion, and let me tell you at first I was all “this is gonna suck” and “what the f**k” I want to just go home. I was literally at the end of my rope and just wanted to get out of there. Of course the only person who really sees this behavior or these feelings while they are going on seems to be my mother. (Sorry Mom, I love you)

So after me breaking down and saying ok...fine...do it, they got the blood, tylenol, all that crap gave me some Benadryl and I passed out for about 4 hours while I became a vampire...or at least thats how I like to look at it.

Anyways...so I went through it, and felt better than ever, had great color in my face and extremities. I probably look and feel better than I have since I started my chemo! Not only that but on top of that add the GREAT NEWS I had gotten the day before my treatment, the fact that it is the holiday season, I am out of the hospital, and I get to see my friends and family....I don’t think I could ask for anything more this holiday season! I mean what is better than beating the pants off of cancer for christmas!

So I am also excited to announce again the official launch of my other website, www.protectyourpair.org. We have created a facebook group for it too, and soon enough there will be a forum section on the site where people will be able to post questions, concerns, and all of that!

Anyways, I am currently working on getting our first benefit set up with my friend Jenn <3.>

Ok, I have precious precious sleep that I am going to catch up on...or watch Inglorious Bastards...or like I am doing now watch my little sister make Empire Biscuits...

This is new for me...I am starting to like the holidays, but not for the bullshit...I have finally realized how much my friends, family, and life mean to me.

Until next time...

-The Tech

No comments:

Post a Comment