Welcome

Hey Everyone!

Welcome to the blog of me, Andrew Gemmell or "The Tech", here you will find to story of not only me, but my life with cancer and everything else I have been through in my life. I try to update frequently, and if I don't please keep checking back because it is bound to happen sooner or later!!!

Enjoy!!


Thursday, November 26, 2009

Treatment: Hospital Week 2 Day 2


So it is once again about 8:30 pm, and I am writing my blog, I think this is going to be a pattern, at least while I am in the hospital because this is about the time that all my visitors end up leaving.

Tonight my mom came in pretty early, and stayed until about 7 or 7:30. Cassie had come in around 6:30 or so, which it was nice to see her on Thanksgiving as well as my dad. Also one of our old family friends came in to visit me who I haven’t seen in awhile. I was friends with her daughter when we were very little and she was very sick.

So today the chemo was a little worse than yesterday, I felt kind of sick earlier, but after some Zofran and other drugs that went away. RIght now the treatment is still pumping through me, it has got a little time left yet, so it will probably be another late night. I am a bit nervous because I am really losing my appetite, and I am not eating nearly as much as I should be. Even things I like like Ben and Jerry's....I took 3 bites and was like...huh no! That is not at all like me. As you can see by the picture above I am sporting a smile, that is a picture I just took a little while ago. I think tomorrow I am going to talk to my Oncologist about Marinol, to help with both my appetite and anxiety, and that may be able to knock out the Ativan, which would be nice! The Ativan doesn’t seem to do much for me anyways, that is unless one night I may have taken double the dose I was supposed to, oops, but it did one hell of a job.

Anyways, I am pretty excited because my friend Nick is planning on coming and seeing me on Saturday and I haven’t seen him in awhile, really I can’t wait. There are a few more people that I wish would come and see me, but its ok...I kind of had a falling out with some of them.

Anyways, I am getting rather tired...it is only about 9:15, so I think I am going to hit the hay.

All in all I am feeling a little under the weather today, but I try not to show it!

Hope to hear from you all soon!

Remember IM me (D315G) or email me (thetech@astoldbyatech.com)

Have a good night,

-The Tech

No comments:

Post a Comment