Welcome

Hey Everyone!

Welcome to the blog of me, Andrew Gemmell or "The Tech", here you will find to story of not only me, but my life with cancer and everything else I have been through in my life. I try to update frequently, and if I don't please keep checking back because it is bound to happen sooner or later!!!

Enjoy!!


Friday, January 8, 2010

THE FINAL COUNTDOWN!


I am currently laying in my hospital bed, I started my final treatment today about an hour ago, and I am extremely excited to be able to say that!

I thought this morning would be a video blog but there is things going on with my roommate with my room that would not be pleasant for a video blog. I feel so bad for him right now, he literally thinks he is dying right now he is in such pain, and really not to complain but I am not feeling so hot myself right now.

I really haven’t been able to eat anything in the last couple of days, just because my stomach has been off for the last couple of days and that is starting to make me feel sick (the lack of eating). I have yet to actually be sick during my treatments, which I am very thankful for.

Ok side note, to hear the man in the bed next to me praying for god to take him easily is kind of freaking me out. I cannot imagine being in that much pain. All I want to do is help him, so I am trying to talk to him but in my attempts I don’t think he realizes that I am talking to him because of all the pain he is in. I don’t want to go to far into detail because it really is not my place, but this is sure making for an interesting part to my morning lol.

So I need to get off that topic because it is making me pretty...sad, and I am just laying here listening to it anyways, and you my dear readers don’t need to experience this with me.

So not to seem insensitive, but I am moving on. I am trying to make the best of this FINAL TREATMENT! Only a few hours left, thats all. Then rest for the day, take it easy, and get myself in the mental state for the roads that I have ahead of me. I am going to work on Protect Your Pair, to my fullest extent and accept any help or suggestions that anyone wants to give me. Please check out the site and let me know what you think. Protect Your Pair’s first event is going to be on Sunday January 17th, I hope to see you all there and you can also get more information about that on the Protect Your Pair website on the events page.

Anyways, now I think it is time for me to look back on what everyone has done for me. Since November 2nd when I started my treatment I have to thank every single one of the nurses, assistants, and doctors that have helped me through my treatments. Whether it was caring for me during the days of treatment, working with everyone else to try to make things easier for me, or just lending an ear and listening to something I had to say about treatment or life or whatever I wanted to talk about.

Thank you to EVERY NURSE that took care of me on that floor. I have to say it is the best care I have ever got while being in the hospital. Thank you for making me laugh, listening to what I was blabbering on about, and just like I said before, taking the best care of me I have ever got in the hospital. I don’t think you all know how much you really help all of the patients on 4S. I don’t think I could have gotten through it without the care that you gave, or the jokes that we shared, like asking the only male nurse that I had for a sponge bath (which didn’t happen at 3 am that night) but it made me laugh anyways while I was having trouble sleeping. You all know who you are, and I really appreciate every single one of you! THANK YOU again so much for everything you did for me!

Thank You to EVERY ASSISTANT that helped all the nurses take care of me while I was there. Without you things would probably be a lot harder on that floor. You talk to people just like the nurses, and make people feel better everyday. Watching your interactions with other patients and myself has made me really want to help people, just like the nurses made me want to help people, and just like the doctors have made me want to help people. Of course there is one assistant that sticks out in my mind, and you Mr. Singing Man, wanting to try and steal my girlfriend, were and are a great friend. I cannot express enough how much you and all the other staff mean to me. THANK YOU!

Thank You to EVERY DOCTOR that helped me through my treatment. You all did everything you could for me, from just talking to me like everyone else did, or bringing me a cheese pizza when I was in for a blood clot, bringing me chocolates before I went home for Christmas, or even just making inside jokes with myself and the other doctors. Thank you for doing everything you have, and I am sure everything you are going to do for me in the future!!

Thank you TWITTER PEEPS! You guys and gals have pulled me through some rough days from all over the country and all over the world! I really do not know where I would be without you!!! You are all so special to me! Between some of us changing our names to match each other, meeting some of the best friends and cancer survivors I will ever meet! I cannot wait to meet you all in person someday at an event that I hold near you! You all really have inspired me more than I would have ever expected. I got on Twitter so I could find an easy way other than this site for my family and friends to follow my progress. Really I have a whole new section to my family and friends now and you know who you are #chemofamily. I love you all, THANK YOU for helping me so much!

Thank you to my FRIENDS. Thank you to everyone of you that visited me, called me, texted me, emailed me, sent me a message on Facebook, ok you get the idea! Thank you guys and gals! Thank you Jenn for really getting me/us rolling on Protect Your Pair, without your help and wanting to help me I don’t know if I would have got rolling as well as I have without you. No I know that without you I wouldn’t have gotten working on this so fast while I was going through my treatment. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Finally to my FAMILY, without you I don’t know where the hell I would be without any of you today! Taking me to the doctors, to the hospital, staying with me at the hospital. I have never been so appreciative of my family. You made sure I had everything I needed and still will, you made my life as easy as you possibly could through my treatment. To all of you, THANK YOU SO MUCH and I LOVE YOU. I really really really cannot find the words right now to emphasize how much you mean to me. SO SO SO SO much! I really do love you all so much and thank you all for helping me!

Ok to wrap this up for now I have to say a couple things, one is F#$% YOU CANCER WHAT NOW? Kicked your @$$ once again. The second would be everyone everyone everyone please please please make sure and get checked, especially if you are really showing some sign, not that you can really tell if you actually have cancer on your own. Take it from a survivor, you do not want to go through this, unless you really want a life changing experience that has made you a totally brand new person. I would say that it totally not worth going through this though, I would first recommend just looking at your life and figure out what you need to change and what you want to do! The third, please appreciate every day you have. I have seen some sick people while I have been in the hospital, and I used to think I was in bad condition. I realize now that life is precious, and it is not to be wasted. Please please please remember that because life really is a beautiful thing.

Ok I need to try and get some more rest for now!

I love you all so much! I cannot express that enough!

THANK YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment