Welcome

Hey Everyone!

Welcome to the blog of me, Andrew Gemmell or "The Tech", here you will find to story of not only me, but my life with cancer and everything else I have been through in my life. I try to update frequently, and if I don't please keep checking back because it is bound to happen sooner or later!!!

Enjoy!!


Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Brainstorming, Planning, and Headaches


Hey Everyone,

I am sorry it has been so long since I have done a blog post. I have been working away at my book, planning this new event, and trying to get just back into the swing of things! Luckily I have been getting out of the house more lately. I have started driving again and seeing my friends :)

Like the other day Kelly and I hung out! It was a lot of fun, I got to see Ben, and I mean yea, I am starting to have some fun again! Of course I have my weekly Wednesday outing to Walk Up Radio (www.walkupradio.com) please check them out, they are LIVE every Wednesday night at 8pm ET. You can watch them live at Wise Guys Comedy Club in downtown Syracuse, or on the live stream on their website! They are a very great and hilarious group of guys, and you are almost guaranteed to hear me on the mic at least once each week whether it is them calling me out on something, or me putting in my 2 cents. Anyways!

I am starting to get my facial hair back, but the hair on top of my head is not coming back nearly like I would want it to...I have been growing it since the end of chemo, and its growing in...very thin hahaha. So Today it is time for me to go back to shaving my head for now. Though I am not going to shave my face, I am going to keep on growing that because...well I love having a beard. I wasn’t as upset about losing the hair on top of my head as I was the hair on my face!

So onto this new event that I am in the process of getting planned with my PYP (www.protectyourpair.org) buddies! We are trying to organize an event for the spring/summer of this year. Something to kick off summer at the end of the school semesters. We are looking for people to perform at it so if you are in a band, a solo act, or whatever please email us! Send any ideas to events@protectyourpair.org. I want this to be bigger than the last one, so we are going to try for like an all day event, or something like that at least! So Please email us with any ideas!

Lets see...so what to write about now. I have to go to the doctor today for blood work, and then they want me to talk to a social worker about my anxiety. Ever since I have been off my Ativan things have been a bit worse than before. I don’t know if it is just a mental thing, or what but I do notice that my hands shake, and that also that I am just very jumpy. Beyond that I am off my Ambien, and have been for awhile...so they started giving me Benadryl just to help knock me out, but that isn’t helping anymore now. I was up until about 3 last night, but I tried to stay off my computer so hopefully I would fall asleep. Turns out that after the 3rd time watching Law Abiding Citizen I will fall asleep. Then today I woke up earlier than I had hoped, just because I haven’t been getting that much, or good sleep. I think working on my book and planning for PYP might have me a little stressed.

Lets move onto the book now, I am having a very hard time with this. Now though I think I have a better idea on how to approach it. I originally wanted everything to be right in order, but I don’t think that is how I am going to do it. I have sold myself on the idea where I am going to start the book at the beginning of my chemotherapy, and then flashback to early points in my life. I think this will work better because each of the complications I had during chemo links back to something that happened earlier in my life. Even having cancer and the chemo itself links back to the first time I had cancer. So we will see how that goes, start writing again and go from there.

Hmmmm....What else....OH...DUH I am an uncle! My brother and his wife had their first child, he was born on Feb 20th! He is an adorable little guy, and A great start to the next generation of the Gemmell family!

Ok so I am now going to go shave my head, take a shower...you know...my normal thing haha...anyway! I will start updating more regularly again, and I hope to see and talk to you all soon!

-The Tech

No comments:

Post a Comment