Welcome

Hey Everyone!

Welcome to the blog of me, Andrew Gemmell or "The Tech", here you will find to story of not only me, but my life with cancer and everything else I have been through in my life. I try to update frequently, and if I don't please keep checking back because it is bound to happen sooner or later!!!

Enjoy!!


Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Day after decision making


So yesterday I went in for some Blood Work, to check levels like my Alpha Beta Protein and crap like that, and then I met with the doctor.

So Basically what everything came down to, this is the short version, is that in 2 weeks from yesterday, I am going to be starting Chemotherapy. I will have a 21 day cycle in which the first 5 days I will be in treatment, then off for the next 16 days, then on the 22nd day I will start treatment again. Unfortunately for the first reatment I am going to have to be hospitalized for observation. Hopefully after the first treatment I will be able to do the rest of the treatments as an outpatient.

Ok so that is enough of that for now...beyond that, in preparation for losing my hair, I have shaved it down to next to nothing, and cut most of my beard off...

For now though I must get some sleep since I got home from work 3 hours ago and am exhausted.

-The Tech

No comments:

Post a Comment