Welcome

Hey Everyone!

Welcome to the blog of me, Andrew Gemmell or "The Tech", here you will find to story of not only me, but my life with cancer and everything else I have been through in my life. I try to update frequently, and if I don't please keep checking back because it is bound to happen sooner or later!!!

Enjoy!!


Saturday, October 3, 2009

And Now I Wait...

So I am laying in my bed, home alone, and now wide awake after the 6 hour nap that I took. It is currently 1:40 AM, and I am wide awake...I guess that is what happens when you work third shift. I have decided that third shift really is the place for me, I love the hours and I love the people that I work with. Anyways, yesterday morning at 8 AM I arrived at Crouse Hospital for my Para-Aortic Needle Biopsy. Last week I had gone to the doctor to get my normal 3 month check up with my Oncologist, and there was a mass that appeared on my CT Scan. So I went in for the biopsy, got the happy drugs, and they got what they needed to run some tests. I asked the doctor when I should have the results to the test which will determine my very near future.

To give you a little back history on why I am going to the oncologist in the first place. In March of last year, the 28th to be exact I went into the hospital to have a cancerous mass removed from my body. I had Testicular Cancer, it was a Seminoma, and rather small so it wasn’t a big deal. I have been having scans ever since just as some preventative steps.

So now I am worried that it may be back, but a different kind this time, and if I do, there are very good chances that things will not be as pleasant or simple to take care of my issue this time. Anyways, that is enough for now I guess. Whatever happens it will be ok and I will take it with a grain of salt, can’t let things like that get to me.

So long for now,

-The Tech

No comments:

Post a Comment